Monday, May 2, 2011

Amy on the Interview

Happy Monday, you crazy kids.
I'm recovering from a great, sunny weekend in Portland.  Definitely feeling the come down as I trudge through Monday with lots of coffee and sweet memories of an eventful, jam-packed weekend with old and new friends. I went to Portland for a myriad of reasons, and while I was there, I had the pleasure of meeting some great music people from all over the West Coast. 
Friday night I attended a laptop battle at BC's, brought to Portland folk by my friends at Architects and Heroes and Nude Photo Music. 
Very sadly, I missed the laptop battle.  Next time, I MUST witness this.  I hear it was stellar! Maybe I'll even participate, it's been a long time since I've showcased my own laptop skills. Ahem.
I didn't, however, miss the great music that followed the battle, phenomenal sets by all.


On Saturday I met with Stephen Ruiz (A+H), Gustavo Lanzas (Nude Photo Music), and H.A.Eugene (A+H) where over the course of a few drinks in the lobby of the lovely Hotel Deluxe, I interviewed them and we rapped about what these cats are currently working on and what they plan to share with Portland (and the world) in the very near future.  In the next few weeks, I plan on sharing bits of the interview and music from them, as well as other musicians affiliated with their projects. 
There's a whole world of innovative music going on and I'm going to do my best to bring what I can to KMUN listeners. 
Thanks to the internets, the speedy advancement of technology and the growing feasibility of owning a computer, electronic music has completely changed in the last 10 years. Endless streams of music are now available from all corners of the world.  There are podcasts, broadcasts, live feeds, obscure live-streaming shows, and new labels popping up every day.  It's a mixed bag out there folks, and I am happy do dive right in and pull out what I can. 
So stay tuned for more highlights from this weekend as I gladly share new music with the world.


Peace.

"Team Activate" sporting our Architects and Heroes stickers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment